Level 3 Award In Heavy Electric / Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement
Lloyd Morgan Group’s Level 3 Award in Heavy Electric / Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement qualification is designed to introduce the knowledge to work safely when carrying out routine maintenance and repair activities on heavy Electric Hybrid vehicle high voltage systems. It also provides the knowledge and skills required to work safely in and around the vehicles high and low voltage electrical system and electronic drive train system when replacing high voltage components. The Level 3 qualification also includes the Level 2 Award in Electric / Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities.
Employers have a legal duty of care under the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 to ensure their employees are competent to work on electrical systems in electric and hybrid vehicles. Many operators are now, therefore, putting their staff through a training in which to meet their duty of care.
We can also provide a Level 3 Award – Light Electric /Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement qualification – Please call for more information.
- Improves the awareness of the dangers when carrying out routine maintenance, repair, and replacement activities on heavy electric/hybrid vehicles to help avoid accidents
- Demonstrates conformity to the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Enables staff to have the knowledge and skills to work safely in and around these vehicles and carry out diagnostic, testing and repair activities on high electric/hybrid vehicles
- Gain a Level 3 qualification from a recognised awarding body to complement their current industry qualifications and experience
- Designed to help showcase the skills required when working in the growing electric and hybrid vehicle sector and assist with Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Electric / Hybrid Vehicles – Level 3 Qualification
Who is it aimed at?
Vehicle maintenance and repair technicians or anyone else who may be required to carry out a vehicle repair or replacement activity on an electric/hybrid HGV or PSV vehicle as part of their role.
Individuals taking this course will need to have appropriate vehicle maintenance and repair knowledge and skills at Level 3.
The course content for this qualification has been designed to provide the knowledge and skills required to work safely on heavy Electric/ Hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out diagnostic, testing and repair activities. This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system.
The Level 3 award in heavy electric / hybrid vehicle system repair and replacement qualification will include:
- Understand heavy electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- Understand the hazards when working with heavy electric/hybrid vehicles
- Understand how to reduce the risks to yourself and others when carrying out work on and around heavy electric/hybrid vehicles
- Understand how to make a heavy electric / hybrid vehicle high energy electrical system ‘safe’ prior to repairs
- Understand how to reinstate a heavy electric /hybrid vehicle high energy electrical system
- Be able to make ‘safe’ and reinstate a heavy electric /hybrid vehicle
- Understand how to remove and replace high energy electrical systems components
- Be able to work safely on heavy electric / hybrid vehicles
- Be able to use information to carry out the task
- Be able to use appropriate tools and equipment
- Be able to remove and replace high energy electrical system components
- Be able to record information and make suitable recommendations
This course will consist of an online exam on day 2 and practical assessments on day 3.
Qualification I.D: 603/4182/8
Successful completion of this qualification will demonstrate significant core knowledge and skills to work safely around and maintain electric / hybrid vehicles as well as the skills and knowledge to remove and replace Electric / Hybrid vehicle high voltage components.
Courses are delivered onsite at your premises.
3 days including online exam and practical assessments
We can also provide
Level 3 Award Light Electric / Hybrid Vehicle Safety Repair & Replacement – call for more information
A Level 3 certificate of qualification is issued following course completion, which provides evidence that attendees have the required qualifications to work in and around heavy electrical /hybrid vehicle’s high and low voltage electrical system and drive train system when replacing high voltage components.
Why choose Lloyd Morgan Group for your Electric / Hybrid Vehicle Qualification?
This is an IMI (Institute of Motor Industry) Level 3 award and Lloyd Morgan Group are accredited by the IMI as an approved centre to deliver this award. It has been developed by IMI in conjunction with electric /hybrid vehicle manufacturers, component suppliers and the IMI Sector Skills Council. Qualification I.D: 603/4182/8
Qualified and Approachable trainers
Our trainers are all fully trained to deliver this course and are on hand to help candidates achieve their qualification through a friendly, informative, and comprehensive training approach.
Lloyd Morgan Group can also provide
CALL US TODAY ON 01543 897505
100% of customers would recommend our training courses** Statistic is based on 100 random customer feedback forms from March to April 2023, where customers said they would definitely or probably recommend us following course they had attended.