PSV / HGV Roadworthiness & Categorisation of Defects Awareness Course.
This course is a 2 day course based upon the DVSA Categorisation of Defects Manual.
It is designed to increase the skills and knowledge to allow staff to make informed decisions on defects that are identified within the maintenance process.
- workshop operatives,
- vehicle inspectors,
- engineering managers
- or anyone who is actively involved with making decisions with regards to vehicle defects
Working through the manual the candidate will obtain an understanding of:
• Understand how to use the CoD Manual & decision making on vehicle / defect serviceability
• Understanding Prohibitions
• Operator Licencing
• The Guide to Maintaining Roadworthiness
• DVSA’s Role
• Traffic commissioners Role
• Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS)
• Fix Graduated Penalties
There is also a practical element to this course