The DVSA have revised the categorisation of defects manual.
The guide outlines how vehicle defects found during roadside inspections or vehicle tests are categorised and what action will be taken when they’re found.
- the introduction of tyre pressure measurement at the roadside for single fitment tyres
- engine malfunction indicator lamp defects and additional notes for emission control system faults
- extra notes for assessing lighting defects and number plates
- updates to indirect vision devices
- new defects for modified seatbelts.
The full version can be reviewed Here