Tachograph Driver Cards

The DVLA launched an online portal for company Tachographs card transactions, which was very successful.

Drivers can apply for their first GB digital tachograph card. The driver can renew their card if it expires within 90 days and get their card replaced if lost or stolen.

For a driver to use this service all they will need is: A great British photocard driviing licence, a credit or debit card and their driving licence number.

If you lose, damage or report your tachograph card as faulty you will have to ring the DVSA and a new card can applied for with 7 days.

Drivers who usually use the post to complete their tachograph services via post can still continue to do so. Also the following services can only be undertaken by post, these are; replacing a damanged or faulty card, if the driver has a paper licence, change the name on the card or exchange an EU, EEA or Northern Ireland Tachograph card.