|The Senior Traffic Commissioner has launched a consultation on key guidance for transport operators.
13 of the 15 Statutory Documents have been revised.
The publications describe how commissioners apply the law and take a proportionate approach to their regulatory powers.
The revisions include:
- Stronger guidance on the practice of ‘fronting’
- Greater emphasis on the importance of completing applications
- Improved guidance around continuous and effective management
- A new section on driver employment status
- A new section on support for tribunal users
- Improved guidance on the main occupation criteria for PSVs
- Updated guidance on what happens when periods of grace expire
The consultation runs until 27 August.