Understanding & Preventing Bridge Strikes
1st March 2024 - 09:00 to 12:30£67.00
Lloyd Morgan Group’s Understanding & Preventing Bridge Strikes training course is aimed at highlighting the issues, dangers, and potential unforeseen hazards regarding bridge strikes and how to manage these issues to help reduce your likelihood of becoming the next bridge strike operator. The number of bridge strike incidents in the UK remains alarmingly high. In 2020/21 there were 1,624 incidents on the Network Rail infrastructure alone. The traffic commissioners expect operators and drivers to treat this issue seriously and take responsibility. Any failure to do so could lead to an operator or driver having to appear before a traffic commissioner.
- Evidence if called to a public inquiry by the traffic commissioners, that you have taken reasonable responsibility for training your drivers about the dangers of bridge strikes through incorporating this issue into your driver training program.
- Protect your O Licence from being curtailed and your drivers having their licence revoked through a better understanding around preventing bridge strikes.
- Avoid bad publicity. If your vehicle closes Network Rail lines and causes long delays for other road users as well as putting them at risk, you could damage your reputation as a compliant operator.
- Save time and money from avoiding the costs of recovering a vehicle that has hit a bridge and avoid possible company fines for repairing bridges.
AssessmentThe half day course includes:
- Bridge Types
- The Law
- Risk Assessment
Buying Online With Confidence:
Each Ticket purchased Represents 1 Person Attending The Course
Tickets are not interchangeable the date you purchase / book is the date you will be attending
You will need:
- A Suitable PC or Laptop with a good stable internet connection
- The time listed is the start time of the course you are expected to be ready and waiting in the waiting room prior to the course start (Driver CPC you will be required to arrive a minimum of 20 minutes prior to the course start to allow for identity checks to be undertaken)
Attending A Course At One Of Our Sites:
You will be required to arrive 15 minute’s on site prior to the course start (Driver CPC you will be required to arrive a minimum of 20 minutes prior to the course start to allow for identity checks to be undertaken)
General Terms and Conditions:
By booking through the online events system, you submit your information to the event organiser, and you agree to them to use this information to communicate with you regarding this event and their other services.
Booking online your are acknowledging the terms & conditions of business in which Lloyd Morgan Group operate. T&C’s are accessible on the footer of this page.
The finishing times of the courses are approximate times only and may vary slightly.
Names of the delegate(s) will be requested following the booking confirmation and any special requirements of delegates must be highlighted to us following the booking confirmation.
Payment in full must be made at time of booking.
Prices featured are exclusive of VAT. VAT will be added at checkout.
Joining instructions will be sent out after the booking is completed and payment accepted.